Whole pumpkin have a good shelf life,so can be brought and stored for a good long time .The dried seeds of pumpkin are also very good for health,as they provides a number of health benfits.so when ever you cook pumpkin ,don’t throw the seeds,instead rub and wash well with enough water,and sun dry the seeds and then roast them in an oven and enjoy .
But as the pumpkin taste blend so many people and children don’t like pumpkin much, so I tried this pumpkin pooris which every body liked but no body recognize that they are made with pumpkin puree.you can also make paratha or chapati with this dough if you want to avoid deep frying.
Prep time-15 min
Cooking time- 10 min
- Yellow pumpkin/kaddu/Kashiphal-250 gms
- Wheat flour/atta-1.5 cup
- Gram flour/Besan- 2 tbsp
- Semolina /Sooji-2 tbsp
- Mint leaves/Pudina,chopped- 1.5 tbsp
- Chili powder /Mirch- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder/Dhaniya-1 tsp
- Turmeric /Haldi- 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds /Jeera- 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida /Hing- 1/4 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Cooking oil- 1tbsp +to deep fry
- Peel the skin of pumpkin,remove the seeds and chop pumpkin into big pieces.
- Pressure cook with a cup of water for 3 whistles on medium heat.
- Squeeze and mash the pumpkin when cool down completely.
- Take the mashed pumpkin in a bowl and add all the ingredients in it.
- Mix every thing and make a medium thick dough and cover and rest for 10 minutes.
- Knead it well and make small size balls from the dough.
- Dust the balls in dry flour and roll to make medium thick pooris/discs.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and add the rolled poori in it.
- Press with the spatula to help it puff perfectly.
- When poori become golden then turn the side and cook from other side.
- When become golden from both the sides then remove from the pan and drain on a paper napkin.
- Serve hot for breakfast ,lunch or dinner.
Serving suggestions-serve with potato curry,chutney or pickle