Muji Chatin- Stir Fried Radish and walnut salad -A specialty of Kashmir
I have also posted few delicious Kashmiri Recipes-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Kashmiri Muji Chatin
- 2 cup Daikon Radish/ Mooli Grated
- 2 tbsp Walnut/ Akhrot
- 1 tsp Green Chili/ Hari Mirch chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander/ Hara Dhaniya
- 1.5 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/3 tsp Dry Ginger Powder/ Saunth
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin/ Jeera
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida/ Hing
- 1/4 tsp Carom Seeds/ Ajwain
- to taste Salt
- Scrape and grate radish with a thick grater.
- Heat oil in a pan and then add cumin ,carom and asafoetida.
- When cumin start crackling add chopped green chilies,chili powder and grated radish.Stir fry on high flame for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and ginger powder and stir fry for about 2-3 minutes.(to remove all the moisture)
- Take out in a bowl and let it cool down slightly.
- Add lemon juice, crushed walnuts and chopped coriander.
- Serve hot or cold