Sabudana Uttapam-Soft and fluffy pancakes made with sago, potato, amaranth flour and barnyarn millet
Sabudana Uttapam- During fasting we use sabudana, kuttu atta, samak, rajgiri atta , singhora atta and make different varieties from these millets and flours.
I often make sabudana khichdi, samak ke chawal ki tikki ,Rajgiri poori , Rajgiri thepla etc,but we always try to make some thing different and low fat ,as most of the fasting recipes require frying so today I tried this falhari uthappam which is soft and fluffy and even when it become cold it taste good so also good to pack in tiffin or lunch boxes.
For more fasting recipes /Vrat ka khana,check my blog recipes here-Vrat ka khana
Prep time-10 min
Cooking time-10 min
- Sago flour/sabudana ka atta- 1/2 cup
- Barnyarn millet flour/sama ka atta – 1/2 cup *
- Amaranth flour/Rajgiri atta- 2 tbsp
- Potato, boiled and grated -1
- Yogurt/dahi -1/2 cup
- Green chilies,chopped – 1 tsp
- Ginger/adrak, grated – 1/2 tsp
- Fresh coriander,chopped – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds/jeera – 1tsp
- Pepper powder/kali mirch – 3/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Take a bowl and add rajgiri flour,samak flour,sabudana flour and yogurt.
- Add 2 cups of water and mix well.
- Cover and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Now add grated potato and all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Add some water if required,the batter should be medium thick like the regular uthappam batter.
- Heat a non stick pan and wipe with a cloth napkin soaked in water and oil mixture.
- Now pour a laddle ful of battar on it and spread it slightly(don’t make it very thin)
- Cover with a lid and cook on medium flame till it get cooked from bottom.
- Now spread some oil over it and flip the uttapam.
- Cover and cook again , so it get cooked from the bottom.
- Remove when done and serve hot or cold.
1-If rajgiri and samak flour is not readily available then you can grind them in the mixer and make a fine powder.
2- Samak is also know as sama, moraiyo,varai.
3- you can also add finely grated raw potato or raw banana in the batter.