Karela Peel Poori- Bitter gourd/Karela is a very healthy vegetable used to control diabetic,cure gastrointestinal diseases and can also kill worms inside our body.It can weaken malaria ,chickenpox and measles bacteria and also have anti cancer properties. In-spite of its bitter taste it have numerous health benefits so it is advised to include it in your diet.While making karela subzi most of us peel karela and then use to throw its peels,which are also very healthy and full of nutrients.I rarely peel karelas and try to cook karela along with the skin and if I ever peel them ,then I use the peel to make paratha or poori .
There are many ways to cook karela,some make it stuffed,saute, stir fry it.I have also posted some delicious karela recipe in my blog,If you like karela then check my-Daal karela, Crispy karela kachri ,Stir fried karela , Bharwa Karela , Khatta metha karela recipes
Prep time-10 min
Cooking time-10 min
- Wheat flour /atta- 1 cup
- Gram flour /besan -1/4 cup
- Semolina /Sooji-1 tbsp
- Bitter gourd peels /Karela chilka-1 cup
- Cooking oil- 1tbsp
- Tamarind pulp-1.5 tbsp
- Fennal powder/Saunf powder-1 tsp
- Chili powder /Mirch- 1tsp
- Coriander powder /Dhaniya- 1tsp
- Turmeric/haldi- 1/4 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Take the karela peels in a bowl and add 1/2 tsp of salt ,mix and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Wash them well with enough water and then squeeze well to remove all the water.
- Take a big bowl and add all the ingredients and karela peels.
- Mix well and add enough water and make a medium stiff dough.
- Cover and rest for 5 minutes.
- Make small balls from the dough.
- Dust the balls with dry flour and roll to make medium thick pooris.
- Deep fry in hot oil from both the sides till golden in colour.
- Drain on a paper napkin.
- Serve hot.