Potato chips or french fries are the most favorite potato snack across the world , however due to their high calorie count we cant make them a part of our diet and have to break the hearts of little kids when every evening all they want to eat is FRENCH FRIES , so here is an alternate to the unhealthy french fries to a healthier low calorie snack .
Yesterday my daughter made this and we all liked it,They are crisp from the outside and soft from the inside , so thought of sharing this simple yet delicious recipe with all of you.I have used fresh Rosemary but you can also use dried rosemary,but fresh rosemary gives a very nice flavor to the dish. Also note if using dried rosemary , increase the quantity by 1/2 tsp.
- Potatoes,Cubed -3 (medium)
- Fresh Rosemary,chopped-2 tbsp
- Crushed pepper- 1 tsp
- Dried thyme-1/2 tsp (optional)
- lemon juice- 1 tsp
- Olive oil -2.5 tbsp
- salt -to taste
- Wash and scrub the potatoes well.
- Now chop potato (with out peeling ) into cubes or wedges.
- Preheat oven to 200 C temp.
- Take a bowl mix potato with all the ingredients.
- Line the oven tray with foil , this helps in easy cleaning.
- Place the potatoes on the baking tray and bake for 10 minutes.
- Now mix and stir the potatoes so get cooked from both the sides.
- Bake till they get cooked and get a nice golden colour (about 10 minutes)
- Serve hot.
- Baking time may depend on the quality,size and quantity of potatoes,do keep a check till they get cooked and get a nice golden colour.
- Potatoes can be cut into wedges or slices instead of cubes.