Sandwiches are very much associated with my childhood memories .This was my favorite snack or breakfast to carry in school lunchbox and even after returning home I prefer to eat a sandwich made with the leftover subzi instead of eating roti subzi.
Now my children also love bread and sandwiches like I do,but now as a healthy alternate they use brown or multi grain bread instead of white bread but I still love the regular white bread.
Cooking time-15 min
- Bread slices-6
- Potato,boiled- 3
- Tomato,chopped -1/2 cup
- Green chili,chopped -1
- Cooking oil – 1.5 tsp
- Cumin -1/2 tsp
- Chili powder -3/4 tsp
- Mango powder -1/ tsp
- Salt -to taste
- Green chutney -2 tsp
- Butter – 2.5 tsp
- Capsicum ,sliced -1
- Peel and chop the boiled potato in small pieces.
- heat oil in pan and add cumin seeds.
- When seeds start crackling add chopped green chili and tomato.
- Add salt and cook till tomato become soft.
- Add the spices and chopped potato and saute to mix .
- Add chopped coriander and take out the mixture in a bowl.
- Apply butter on both the sides of bread slices.
- Now apply green chutney on the buttered side of 3 breads.
- Put potato masala on it,and then arrange capsicum slices over it.
- Place the slice in a grill or tawa(griddle)
- Cover this slice with another bread slice .
- Grill till it become golden brown.
- Slice and serve hot with ketchup