A mildly spiced yogurt dip of banana,mint and ginger.
Bananas are packed with so many nutrients,very good for bones ,relieves anemia, aids digestion,lower blood pressure and most important it combat depression so it is very good to add in your daily diet.I have seen many people make sweet raita with banana but I loved this minty banana raita /kela ka raita with the flavour of mint ,cumin and ginger,goes well with all types of rice and Indian breads.
Prep time-10 min
- Yogurt /Dahi-2 cup
- Banana /kela -2
- Grated ginger /adrak -1/2 tsp
- Mint leaves /pudina -10
- Black salt/kala namak -1/2 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Sugar- 1.5 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Roasted cumin powder- 1/3 tsp
- Take a bowl add curd and whisk well (add little water if needed)
- Mix grated ginger, mint leaves and all the spices and sugar in the curd.
- Peel and chop banana into thin roundels and add in the yogurt.
- Mix gently and serve chilled.