Summers are the best time to get fresh and delicious blueberries. I love their flavour in cakes and muffins so when I find a bag of fresh blueberries in my local store, the first thing that came to my mind was to make muffins. After going through a few different recipes on the net, I made these blueberry muffins and loved the caramelized berries in the soft and moist muffins. You can adjust the quantity of blueberries between 1/2 a cup to 1 cup depending on how much you like them.
Baking time – 35 minutes
Difficulty level – Easy
Cuisine – International
Type – Dessert, Breakfast
- Refined flour / Maida – 1cup +2 tbsp
- Fresh blueberries – 3/4 cup
- Corn flour – 3 tbsp
- Yogurt / Dahi – 1 cup
- Cooking oil – 1/2 cup
- Castor sugar / Pisi hui chini – 3/4 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Lemon Zest / Kasa hua nimbu ka chilka – 1 tsp
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Sieve flour in a big bowl.
- Wash and wipe the blueberries and dust(sprinkle) them with 1 tbsp of flour.
- In a separate bowl add yogurt, castor sugar and mix well.
- Now add baking soda and baking powder in the yogurt and mix.
- Let the yogurt mixture rest for 3-4 minutes or till it froth.
- Now add oil ,vanilla essence and lemon zest in the yogurt mixture and mix gently .
- Now add the sieved flour in the yogurt mix .(keep adding 1 tbsp flour at a time and keep mixing)
- Now add the blue berries in the flour mix and stir gently.
- Fill the prepared mixture in muffin cups till 3/4 level(don’t fill it till the top ,as it need some space to rise while baking)
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170 c for 35 minutes or till a tooth pick inserted come out clean.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes in the oven.
- Remove from the muffin cups and serve.