Quick,easy and healthy breakfast made with broken wheat
Daliya/fada is made with unpolished broken wheat ,it is very healthy breakfast option from ancient time.there are so many recipes to make with broken wheat.you can easily substitute it with modern healthy options like oats,quinoa ,burghal etc.It is very cheap and easily available in comparison to oats etc and also very easy to cook and easy to digest so a very good option to include in your daily diet.
You can make sweets, savoury snacks, idli and many many more recipe and varieties with daliya.This Namkeen lemon daliya is a very easy and quick recipe,you just need few spices and a healthy,filling and delicious breakfast is ready to serve,its also very good to carry in lunchboxes and for travelling.
I have also posted many daliya recipes in my blog as this is a regular in my kitchen.so try this easy and healthy lemon Daliya in your kitchen.
Prep time-5 min
- 1/2 cup –
Broken wheat /daliya/fada
- 1.5 tbsp –
Ghee or oil
- 1 tsp –
Cumin seed /jeera
- 1.5 tsp –
- To taste –
- 1/2 tsp –
- 1.5 tsp –
- 2 tbsp –
- Heat ghee or oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add cumin seeds,curry leaves and chopped green chilies.
- Add daliya and stir fry every thing till it become slightly white in colour and start giving a nice aroma.
- Now add turmeric,salt and 1.5 cup of water and mix
- Pressure cook on medium heat for 3 whistles or cook till done.
- Open when cool down completely.
- Add lemon juice and chopped fresh coriander.
- Serve hot.
Cooking time depends on the size and quality of daliya so cook accordingly,