Gobhi Matar Ka Keema- Quick stir fry of grated cauliflower cooked with green peas,tomato and mild spices
Most of us love the beautiful,delicious and versatile vegetable-cauliflower and is also a favourite veggie of my family.I often make stir fries,curries and parathas with cauliflower.
This quick and easy gobhi matar ka keema is my favourite and the left over can be used to make sandwiches or by adding little gram flour or bread crumbs,delicious gobhi cutlets or koftas can be made.
Its a quite easy recipe,you just have to grate the cauliflower and then cook it with basic spices ,Addition of fresh green peas is optional but highly recommended, as it gives a nice crunch and beautiful colour contrast to the gobhi ka keema.
If you love cauliflower then do try these recipes-
Gobhi Matar ka Keema
- 500 grams Cauliflower /phool gobhi
- 3/4 cup Green Peas / Hari Matar Boiled
- 250 grams Tomato / Tamatar Chopped / 4 medium
- 1.5 tsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch Chopped
- 1.5 tsp Ginger / Adrak Grated
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras ( Optional )
- 2 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 3/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 3/4 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Fenugreek / Kasoori Methi
- Salt / Namak to taste
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 2 Cloves / Lavang
- 6 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Wash and soak cauliflower florets in turmeric water for 10 minutes.
- Wash and wipe well to remove the moisture and then grate coarsely or shred finely.
- In a heavy pan and add 3 tbsp oil or ghee,when become warm then add cumin seeds.
- When cumin become golden then add the grated cauliflower and mix.
- Now stir fry grated cauliflower on medium flame till become pink and get slightly cooked.(6-8 minutes)
- Remove the stir fried cauliflower from the pan and keep aside.
- In the same pan add 3 tbsp oil,when become warm add grated ginger,asafoetida,cloves and green chilies and saute for few seconds.
- Add chopped tomatoes and salt,cover and cook till tomato become soft.
- Now add kasoori methi,turmeric and chili powder and saute till oil start separating from the tomato puree
- Add garam masala and mix well.
- Add cauliflower and boiled peas in the tomato masala and mix well,now cover the pan and cook on low flame for approx 5 -8 minutes or till cooked well but remain crisp(take care not to over cook it,otherwise it will look like a mash.)
- Now add fresh coriander and lemon juice and mix gently