Aloo parwal Ki Sookhi Sabzi-/Potato and pointed gourd stir fry
Aloo Parwal ki sookhi sabzi- potal/ patol is a summer special vegetable its specially used in North and East india .According to Ayurveda parwal is very easy to digest so its considered very good for diabetics, small kids,patients suffering from jaundice, fever, stomach ailments etc.
Many People often get confused between tindora and parwal as both looks quite similar by colour and size but are very different in taste and texture,Parwal have round big seeds which can be consumed if they are tender but if the seeds are hard and black then they should be removed.
There are many recipes to try with parwal,you can stuff them with dry spices and make – Bharwa parwal which is a specialty from Uttar Pradesh or make a delicious and mildly spiced – Bengali style Aloo potal rasa with tomato and yogurt,they taste great with any types of preparation.
This Aloo parwal ki subzi is a simple and quick recipes which is perfect to make in summers .
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Aloo Parwal ki Sookhi subzi
- 250 gms Pointed Gourd / Parwal
- 200 gms Potatoes / Aloo 2 medium size
- 1 Tomatoes / Tamatar medium size , finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 3/4 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 8 Curry Leaves
- 3/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 3/4 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
- Wash parwal and trim both ends.
- Scrap with a knife and slice lengthwise.
- peel and slice potatoes .
- Heat oil in a heavy and wide pan.
- Add cumin seeds and when it start to crackle add asafoetida.
- Now add turmeric powder and sliced potato and parwals.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook on low heat.
- Stir 2-3 times in between.
- When potato become soft then add chopped tomato and all the spices
- Mix well and then again cover with the lid and cook for about 2 minutes on low heat
- Stir 2 times in between, so it will not stick or burn at the bottom of the pan
- Add chopped coriander and mix.
- Serve with rice or any Indian bread