Aloo Aur Methi Sprouts ki Sabzi-Fenugreek seed sprouts and potato stir fry
Aloo AUR Methi Sprouts ki sabzi is a very healthy and delicious stir fry. Sprouts are known as the best health food as they are the power house of nutrients.The sprouted bean is more nutritious then the original bean so when ever possible try to sprout whole beans.I always try to sprout a bean every week,most of the time its either Methi or Moong Beans,I have posted a detailed post on how to make Moong beans sprouts which I use to make either Moong bean masala curry or Tangy and delicious Moong bean salad chat ,you can also make Moong sprout kachoris with moong sprouts,Moth or matki beans also sprout very easily and they taste delicious in Sprouted Moth Masala Curry.
Fenugreek /Methi are very good to cure so many health problems .they are very good for cardiac health as it prevents the absorption of cholesterol and controls triglycerides . Helps to control heart rate and blood pressure. flush out the toxins from the body and also aids digestion, gives relief from gastric troubles and inflammation.It also have anti viral property so relieve from cold and sore throat. Methi dana subzi is also a very good post natal food and for lactating mothers .
I have already posted –How to make fenugreek sprouts and a delicious ans quick stir fry to use these sprouts-Methi sprout stir fry and as I have some fenugreek sprouts remaining so I tried this potato and fenugreek sprout stir fry which again was a hit at my place ,so do try making fenugreek sprouts and enjoy its health benefits.
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Aloo and Methi Sprout Curry
- 4 medium Potatoes / Aloo
- 4 cup methi sprouts
- 1 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 3/4 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1 tsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- Wash methi sprouts with enough water and then drain the water well.
- Wash and peel the potatoes and chop into medium size pieces
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and add the cumin seeds
- When cumin seeds start to crackle then add the chopped green chilies.
- Add turmeric, chopped potatoes and salt and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and cook on low heat till they are almost done.
- Now add the sprouts,chili powder and sprinkle 2 tbsp of water and mix well.
- Cover with the lid and simmer till potatoes are done.
- Add the mango powder and mix well.
- Cook for a minute and then serve.