Khamang Kakdi -A summer salad of cucumber,coconut and peanuts.
Khamang kakdi- Koshimbir is Maharashtrian term for salad, many different combinations of vegetables are used to make different variety of koshimbirs . This cucumber salad or kakadi chi koshimber is very popular as it is very refreshing and cooling and can be made very quick and easily.
To make kakdi chi koshambir or khamang kakdi you need cucumber ,peanuts ,fresh coconut ,coriander,green chilies and lemon. it can be used as a salad ,side dish or a light food in between your meal.you can also use this as a fasting food.
Khamang Kakdi ,Kakadi Chi Koshimbir
- 3 Medium size Cucumber / Kheera / Kakdi
- 4 tbsp Peanuts / Moongphali (Roasted)
- 4 tbsp Fresh Coconut, Grated
- 4 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
- 1 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 3/4 tsp Sugar / Chini
- to taste Salt / Namak
For The Tempering /tadka
- 3/4 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 3/4 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai
- 8 Curry Leaves Chopped
- pinch of Asafoetida / Hing powder
- Rinse and peel the cucumbers and finely chop them.
- Add little salt and keep aside for 10 minutes,so they will release the extra moisture.
- Crush the peanuts coarsely in a mortar and pestle (don't grind in the mixer)
- Now gently squeeze the cucumbers to remove the extra water.
- In a bowl add the chopped cucumbers, coconut, peanuts,chopped green chili, fresh coriander and mix well
- Heat oil or ghee in a small pan.
- Add cumin ,mustard seeds ,curry leaves and asafoetida
- When mustard seeds start to crackle then add this tempering in the salad and mix
- Add lemon juice ,salt and sugar when you want to serve .