Achari Gobhi- Tangy delicious Stir fried Cauliflower cooked with pickle spices
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 person
- 650 gms Cauliflower /phool gobhi
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1/2 Readymade Pickle Masala / Achar Masala
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Yogurt / Dahi
- 2 tbsp Ginger / Adrak grated
- 2 Green chili/hari mirch sliced
- 1.5 tsp lemon
- 3 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
pickle spices for tempering
- 5 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/3 tsp Fenugreek Seeds / Methidana
- 1/4 tsp Nigella Seeds / Kalonji
- 1/2 tsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 1.5 tsp Coriander Seeds / Sabut Dhaniya
- 1/3 Asafoetida / Hing powder
Take all the pickle spices- cumin,coriander,mustard,fennel, fenugreek in a mortar and pestle and crush them coarsely.
Wash and chop cauliflower into medium size florets and soak them in warm turmeric water for 10 minutes and then drain and wash well.
Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and when the oil come to smoking point ,let it cool down slightly else the spices will burn at that temperature.
Now add the crushed spices, grated ginger and green chilies and saute.
Add turmeric powder and the cauliflower florets ,saute for a minute on medium heat.
Add salt and mix and now cover with a lid and cook on medium heat till half done.
Now add the beaten yogurt and the ready made pickle masala and mix and cook uncovered on low heat till the cauliflower get cooked completely (CHECK NOTES)
Now add lemon juice and chopped coriander and mix gently.
Serve it hot with any bread or rice or just as a starter.
- If you don't have ready made pickle masala then can use the leftover masala from your pickle jar ,i.e-mango ,chili or mix pickle
- VEGAN- if you are vegan then use 1/2 cup thick tomato puree instead of yogurt.