suva aloo ki sabzi- everyday cooking
Aloo Suva ki Sabzi- Dill leaves and potato stir fry - a quick ,easy and flavorful preparation
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 3 person
- 4 medium Potatoes / Aloo
- 2 cup Dill Leaves/ suwa bhaji/ shepu tightly packed
- 3 Green chili/hari mirch
- 1.5 inch Ginger / Adrak julienned
- 1.5 tbsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- salt to taste
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 4 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
Peel potatoes and chop into cubes and wash them well.(peeling is optional)
Remove the hard mature stems from dill and use the leaves and the tender stems and wash them well.
Now chop the dill and chop the green chilies.
Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds and let it crackle(I have used mustard oil but you can use your regular cooking oil)
When cumin become golden then add the green chilies ,turmeric and the chopped potatoes.
Add salt and mix and then cover with a lid and cook till they are 3/4 done.
Now add ginger slices and chili powder and mix well and now add the chopped dill and mix well.
Cover with a lid and cook till the potatoes are cooked and done
Add lemon juice and mix well.
Serve hot with roti ,rice or just serve as a snack or starter.