How To Make Phool Makhana Kheer ,Makhane Ki Kheer
A healthy and easy dessert of Fox nuts and milk-perfect recipe for Janmashtami celebration
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 6 person
- 750 gms Whole Milk / Doodh
- 65 gms Phool makhana/ Fox nuts
- 3/4 cup Sugar / Chini
- 10 Almonds / Badam
- 10 Cashew Nuts / Kaju
- 10 Pistachio / Pista
- 2 tsp Chiroli / Chironji
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder / Elaichi Powder *
- 1/4 tsp Saffron / Kesar
Heat 2 tsp ghee in a pan and roast makhana on low flame till they become crisp.
Let them cool down completely and then take 1/4 makhanas and just crush them slightly or pulse to make 2-3 piece of a makhana.
Coarsely grind the rest of the makhana and keep aside
Coarsely grind or crush the almond ,pista and cashews.
Boil milk in a heavy bottom pan for 5 minutes.
Now add ground phool makhana and nuts and cook on low flame for approx-15 minutes
Add sugar and cook for 10 minutes ,keep stirring.
Add cardamom powder and saffron.
Serve hot or cold
- Clean and remove the black hard covering which may be stuck to the outer portion of phool makhana.
- If the phool makhana is quite old then you need to check the center portion of it by slit opening few pieces ,there may be some worms hiding inside.