Turai Mooli ki Sabzi / Sponge Gourd and Radish Curry
A simple and rustic curry made with sponge gourd and radish
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 2 people
- 500 gms Sponge gourd / Turai /Gilki
- 200 gms Radish/ Mooli
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 3 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- To taste Salt / Namak
- 1.5 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
Wash and peel the ridge gourd and radish and make small pieces.
Heat oil in a pan or pressure cooker and add cumin and green chilies.
When cumin becomes golden in colour, add turmeric and chopped vegetables.
Add salt and mix well.
Pressure cook or cook in the covered pan till done. No need to add water as the vegetables release enough water while cooking.
When done, mash it slightly and add lemon juice and fresh coriander.
Serve hot with roti or rice.