Jeera Aloo Recipe,
Jeera Aloo -Potatoes stir fried and roasted in Indian spices
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time8 mins
Total Time18 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 4 medium Potatoes / Aloo boiled
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2 Tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 2 tbsp Coriander Seeds / Sabut Dhaniya
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder
- Pinch of Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1.5 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1.5 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- to taste Salt / Namak
Peel and dice the boiled potatoes in medium size cubes.
Slit green chilies lengthwise.
Slightly crush the whole coriander seeds
heat oil in a wide and heavy pan.
Now add ghee in the pan and add the crushed coriander seeds and cumin seeds .
When cumin start to crackle then add asafoetida and the slit green chilies.
When cumin become golden then add the chopped potatoes and stir.
Now add salt and roast for a minute.
Add all the spices, mix and roast for 2-3 minutes on medium heat
Serve with rice ,poori or any bread of your choice
- You can add turmeric powder if you wish.
- If making for fasting then use pepper powder instead of red chili powder.
- Can also serve these potatoes as a starter.
- You can use lemon juice instead of mango powder /amchoor