Rajgir Aloo Ki Kadhi aur Sama Ke Chawal
Rajgiri Aloo ki Kadhi aur Sama Ke Chawal - A Gluten free , delicious,easy and healthy combo meal for Navaratri fasting
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 3 people
- 1 cup Sour Yogurt/ Dahi
- 3 tbsp Amaranth flour/ Rajgiri Aata
- 3 Green chilies/Hari Mirch chopped or paste
- 1 tbsp Ginger/Adrak grated
- 2.5 cup Water/ Paani
- 1 cup Potatoes/ Aloo chopped
- 1/3 tsp Sugar/ Chini optional
- to taste Rock salt/ Sendha Namak
- 1.5 tsp Lemon juice optional
- 3 tbsp Fresh coriander /Hara dhaniya chopped
- 2 tbsp Ghee/clarified butter
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds/ Jeera
- pinch Asafoetida/ hing
For Making Sama Rice
- 1 cup Sama Rice/ Barnyarn millet
- 2 tsp Ghee/ Clarified butter
- 1.5 tsp Cumin Seeds/ Jeera
- 1 tsp Ginger/ Adrak chopped
- 4 Peppercorn/ Sabut Kali Mirch crushed
- To Taste Rock Salt/ Sendha Namak
- 2 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Raisins/ kishmish optional
Peel potatoes and chop into small pieces(like we chop for making poha)
In a bowl whisk together rajgiri aata and the yogurt. Now add 2.5 cup water and mix well.
Heat ghee in a pan and add the chopped green chilies and the chopped potato and stir for few seconds.
Now add 1/2 cup water in the pan and cover with a lid and cook on low heat till the potatoes are half done.
Add the rajgiri and yogurt mixture,salt and ginger in the pan and give it a boil on medium heat.
Now reduce the flame and simmer it for 5-8 minute or till it thickens. You can add some more water if needed to adjust the consistency as per your preference.
Add sugar, lemon juice and the chopped coriander and remove from the flame.
Tempering- Heat ghee in a small pan and add cumin seeds ,when it start to crackle then add asafoetida.
Pour this tadka over the kadhi and mix .
Serve hot kadhi with Samak ki chawal, Sama khichdi
or Rajgiri ki poori
How To Make Sama Rice
Wash sama and keep aside.
Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan.
Add cumin seeds in it ,when it start crackling add ginger and washed sama rice and saute for few seconds.
Now add 2 cup water, salt,crushed peeper corns and mix.
Now cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 5 minutes or till it absorb all the water.
Switch off the heat and let it rest for 5 minutes.
Now open the lid and fluff up gently with a fork and add some chopped fresh coriander.
Serve hot with rajgiri ki kadhi or cucumber raita