Mildly spiced mix vegetable and potato cutlets
- Mixed vegetables-1 cup
- Boiled potato-1 cup
- Bread crumbs-2 tbls+1cup
- Ginger paste-1 t.s
- Chilli powder-1 t.s
- Green coriander-2 tbls
- Garam masala-1/4 t.s
- Flour-1/2 cup
- Salt-1/2 t.s
- Grated Coconut -2tbls
- Hung curd-2 tbls
- Green chilli-2
- Curry leaves-8
- salt-pinch of
- Heat 2 t.s oil in a pan,add ginger paste ,sauté for a while
- Now add finely chopped vegetables,pinch of turmeric and 1/2 cup water and cook till vegetables become soft and water evaporates,
- Then add salt ,garam masala and chilli powder.mix and keep aside to cool.
- When mixture cooled completely add grated potato,2 tbls bread crumb and green coriander .mix well and make lemon size balls from the mixture.
- Take a pan ,heat 1 tbls oil and put mustard ,let it crackle,then add chopped green chillies and curry leaves and fry for few seconds,and then take out in a mixing bowl.
- Add hung curd,pinch of salt and grated coconut,mix well
- Take a vegetable ball ,flatten it and spoon the curd mixture into it and close the ball and shape into hear
- In a bowl, mix flour ,pinch of salt , pinch of black pepper and 1 cup of water and mix properly to make a smooth batter
- Dip the hearts in the batter and roll into bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry hearts on medium heat till golden in colour.serve hot with tomato ketchup or mint chutney
i like the heart shape.