Tawa pulao -Rice tossed with assorted vegetables and mixed Indian spices.
An instant way to turn leftover rice into the famous Mumbai ‘Tawa Pulao’.
You can also try these healthy recipes-
- Beetroot Raita
- Paneer Bhurji
- Masala Milk Powder
- Masala Hari Mirch
- Gajar Gobhi Shalgum ka Achar
- Punjabi kala Chana Masala
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Tawa Pulao ,Stir fried Vegetable Pilaf
- 3 cups Boiled rice
- 3 medium Tomatoes / Tamatar chopped
- 1/2 cup Chopped and Boiled Carrots – 1/2 cup optional
- 1/2 cup Boiled peas – 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup Fried cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup Bell Peppers / Capsicum / Shimla Mirch chopped
- 2 tsp Pav Bhaji Masala
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 3 tbsp Water / Paani
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- Heat oil on a tawa (or in skillet/flat pan ). Add cumin seeds, and when they start crackling add chopped tomato and salt.
- Cook on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Fry and mash the tomatoes and then add all the vegetables and spices, and cook for a minute .
- Add 3 tblsp water and mix well.
- Now add rice and stir on high heat for a few seconds.
- Add lemon juice and fresh coriander. Serve hot.
- Serving suggestions – Best served with Yogurt or Boondi Raita.