Eggplant Panini- Italian grilled sandwich stuffed with roasted eggplants, tomatoes and bell peppers
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Eggplant Panini (Italian Eggplant Sandwich)
- 6 White Bread Slices
- 1 Eggplant medium sized
- 2 tbsp Red bell pepper /Shimla mirch
- 2 tbsp Green bell pepper /shimla mirch
- 3 tbsp Tomatoes / Tamatar chop and remove the pulp
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1.5 tsp Red paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt / Namak
- 3 tbsp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp Olive Oil / Zeitoun Ka Tel
- 2 tbsp Butter, Unsalted / Makkhan
- Roast eggplant in oven, barbecue grill or on a gas burner, peel and mash the pulp.
- Heat 2 t.s olive oil in a pan then add chopped bell peppers and saute for 1 minute.
- Then add chopped tomatoes(wihout pulp), salt, oregano, paprika and 1/2 cup of mashed eggplant.
- Stir for few seconds and take out in a bowl.
- Butter the bread slices, heat the grill.
- Keep the bread slice on the grill, and spread 1.5 tbls mixture over it.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese and cover with the other buttered bread slice, drizzle a few drops of olive oil on it.
- Grill till golden and crisp, take off the grill and cut into desired sizes.
- Serving Suggestions – Serve as a Snack or Breakfast, and works well with Ranch Dressing, Tomato Ketchup, Tomato Salsa or a mix of Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil.