Palak Choley – Garbanzo beans cooked in delicious tomato and spinach sauce
Palak Choley- is a healthy delicious curry. Boiled chick peas are cooked in spinach and tomato puree . Only basic spices are added in it to get the mild flavor of spinach and chick peas. Chana is rich in protein and the addition of spinach added on the nutrition as spinach is very high in Iron.
You can also check these delicious recipes-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Palak chole, Chana Palak, Hariyala chana
- 2.5 cup Chick Peas/ Kabuli Chana boiled
- 2.5 cup Spinach leaves/ palak patta
- 1 cup Fresh Fenugreek / Hari Methi
- 2 Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 3 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 1 inch Ginger – 1 inch
- 1 tsp Chana masala
- 1 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/3 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- Pressure cook soaked chick peas for 5 whistle or till cooked and soft.or use readymade canned chick peas.
- Wash and chop fenugreek,spinach, tomato, ginger and green chillies and then pressure cook for 1 whistle,open and crush into a smooth paste with a hand blender or in the mixer.
- Heat oil in a a pan,add cumin and asafoetida then add the ground spinach puree,cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Then add all the spices and boiled chick peas and 1 cup water(or according to the thickness of the gravy you want)
- Cover and cook for 5 -7 minutes .
- Add lemon juice according to taste.(if needed)
- Serving suggestions-serve hot with plain rice,poori or bread of your choice .