Orange Pickle- I know you’re surprised. I had never heard of such a thing before too – until I ended up experimenting with oranges today. I had bought some really cute oranges yesterday, but they turned out to be very sour – I’d have to add 3-4 tsp of sugar to their juice just to make it edible.
So an idea popped into my head – let’s try pickling them! And the result turned out to be so delicious – me and my husband ended up keeping aside the daal and veggies for dinner, and just had the pickle!
So next time when you get hold of sour oranges, you know what to do with them. And I’m sure you’ll love this recipe so much, for all you know, you might end up hunting for sour oranges next time!
I love making recipes with Fruits ,do try these delicious recipes –
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Instant Orange Pickle
- 3 fresh oranges
- 2 Green chili/hari mirch
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder/ Laal Mirch
- Pinch Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 2 tsp Readymade Pickle Masala / Achar Masala
- 1/4 tsp Black Salt / Kala Namak
- 3 tsp Cooking Oil
- Peel the oranges and separate the segments.
- Chop the segments into 2,3 pieces and remove the seeds.
- Take them in a bowl and mix all the spices, chopped chilies and oil.
- Keep covered for 15 minute to soak in the flavors.
- Serve and enjoy .
- serving suggestions-serve as a pickle or side dish
2- Keep refrigerated the leftover pickle.