★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Vadi Baigan /Brinjal Curry
- 350 gms Brinjals / Baingan
- 4 tbsp Moong Vadi mangodi
- 3 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 2 small Chopped tomato
- 3 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/2 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 3 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
- Chop brinjal into medium size pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan,add cumin seed, asafoetida and mangodi’s
- Stir fry on low heat till mangodi and cumin become golden brown.
- Now add turmeric,chilli powder ,brinjal and salt.
- Mix well and add 1 cup water , cover and cook for 15 minutes on low heat till almost done.
- then add chopped tomato, mango powder and fresh coriander.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes or till cooked well.
- Serve hot.
- Serving suggestions– Serve with roti,rice or as a side dish .