Eggless Pav Buns-Indian dinner rolls / Eggless pav buns for making the famous pav bhaji of Mumbai
Eggless Pav buns- Easy to follow fool proof recipe to make egg less pav buns
you can also check these baked recipe-
- Egg less Carrot Cake
- Microwave Oreo Cake
- Egg Less Fruit and Nut Cake
- 1 Min Microwave Chocolate Cake
- Egg Less Chocolate Cake
- Egg less Orange Tutti Frutti Cake
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Eggless Pav Buns / Homemade Dinner Rolls
- 3.5 cup Refined Flour / Maida
- 3 tsp Dry active yeast
- 4 tbsp Butter or cooking oil
- 2 tbsp Sugar / Chini
- 3/4 tsp Salt / Namak
- 3/4 cup Whole Milk / Doodh approx
- 1/2 cup Water / Paani
- Take a bowl add lukewarm water,yeast,pinch of salt and sugar,mix and keep covered for 5 minutes or till it frooth well.The surface of the bowl will fully cover with froth .
- In a big bowl add luke warm milk and butter/oil,mix well,now add the yeast mixture in it.mix gently.
- Now add flour and salt in this mixture and mix well and make a soft and sticky dough.
- Take the dough on a greased surface or on your kitchen platform and knead well(punch and fold) for approx 5-7 minutes.keep greasing your hands with little oil or milk if it become too sticky to handle.
- This kneading makes your pav soft,so please don’t try to reduce the time of kneading,if you want soft buns 🙂
- Collect and make a ball of the dough and keep it in a greased big bowl.
- Cover and place in a warm place for approx. 45 minutes or till it double in size(proofing time may depends on the heat of the climate ).
- When it doubles in size, then take out the dough from the bowl and punch it down once and make 12 balls from the dough.
- Place the balls in a greased baking tin, approx.1/2 inch apart from each other.
- Cover and place the tray in a hot place to let them rise again for approx. 30 minutes or till double in size.
- Gently brush the top with melted butter and milk mixture.
- Bake them in a preheated oven 180 C /375 F for 18-20 minutes or till top get a nice golden colour.
- Remove from the oven,let it cool down for 10 minutes,apply butter and serve.