Methi bajra poori is a Fried savory Indian bread made with fresh fenugreek and pearl millet flour /bajra- Especiality of the state of Rajasthan
Methi Bajra poori-Pearl millet is a very healthy form of millet and is commonly used in Rajasthan and Gujarat. It is light grey in colour.
Bajra poori and rotis are preferred in the winter months as bajra is considered to be heat producing.This humble food has been eaten in India since the pre-historic times. It is mostly consumed in the form of rotis or khichdis.
It is very healthy to use pearl millet as it is gluten free,high in protein,good source of Iron and moderate source of vitamin B1 and bajra poori is a delicious and easy recipe to try with bajra.
Addition of fresh fenugreek/ methi makes it more healthier and delicious. You can also use kasoori methi if fresh methi is not available in your area.
You can also try these delicious recips-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Methi Bajra Poori /Pearl Millet Bread
- 1.5 cup Pearl millet flour /Bajra aata
- 4 tbsp Whole Wheat Flour / Atta
- 1 cup Fresh Fenugreek / Hari Methi
- 3/4 cup Potatoes / Aloo boiled and mashed
- 3 tbsp Yogurt / Dahi
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder/ Laal Mirch
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- pinch soda bi carb
- Refined Oil to fry
- Wash and chop fenugreek leaves and mash the boiled potatoes.
- Take a big bowl and add bajra flour and all the ingredients except oil.
- Mix and mash all and then add warm water (little at a time)and make a medium soft dough and knead well for 5 minutes(make dough when you are ready to fry).
- Make small balls,dust with wheat flour and roll to make medium thick poori’s/discs,if you are having difficulty in rolling them,then place the ball between 2 greased plastic sheets and then roll gently.
- Heat oil and deep fry the poori’s on medium heat till golden in colour.OR if you want to avoid fried food then can make roti or parathas with this dough.
- Drain on a paper napkin and serve hot.