Kachori chaat -Indian fried puffs stuffed with savory lentil filling,potatoes and spicy dip and chutney
Kachori chaat- Kachori is the very popular snack of North India.specially favorite in Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan. These flaky Indian puffs are made with different type of spicy dry lentil fillings.
I have also posted the khasta Moong daal kachori and Urad daal kachori in my blog,which are served as a snack.But this is a different way of serving kachori as a street food/chat and also a different version of making spicy Raj Kachori.
When ever I make these moong daal kachoris I usually served them as a snack when they are hot and the next day I serve them as a chat by stuffing some boiled potatoes and garnish with Mint chutney and Date tamarind chutney
Prep time-15 min
- Moong daal kachori– 8
- Boiled potatoes,cubed-1cup
- Yogurt- 1 cup
- Date and tamarind chutney-3/4 cup
- Green chutney-3/4 cup
- Nylon sev- 1/2 cup
- Roasted cumin seed powder- 1.5 tsp
- Chili powder-2 tsp
- Black salt- 1 tsp
- Fresh coriander,chopped- 1/4 cup
- Take yogurt in a bowl and beat to make it smooth.
- Add salt and some water and mix well.
- Take the kachori and make a hole in the center by pressing it with your thumb.
- Stuff some finely cubed potatoes inside the kachori.
- Now add 1 tsp green mint chutney over the potato pieces.
- Then add 1 tsp sweet date chutney .
- Dizzle some yogurt approx 1. 5 tbsp over the kachori.
- Then drizzle some date chutney and mint chutney again.
- Sprinkle chili powder,cumin powder and black salt.
- Now garnish with nylon sev and fresh coriander.
- Serve immediately.