Dill and Pea Pulao- Flavorful and aromatic rice and dill pilaf
Dill rice is a a popular recipe of Persian cuisine they use dill and lima beans to make a fragrant pulao. Suwa is mainly used to make dips,stir fries,soups ,paratha and rice preparations.
Only the tender leaves of Shepu/suwa should be used and discard the leaves which are yellow and avoid using the thick steams as the hard and thick steams will ruin the taste. I have used only peas but you can also use mixed vegetable or make it just with dill and tomatoes.
Rice is consumed in all the states of Indian specially in the southern parts. Biryani and pilaf are made of different varieties. different types of vegetables, fruits and spices enhance the taste of pulao and biryani.
Do check these delicious Pulao Recipes-
- Chili and pineapple rice
- Kiwi and coriander rice
- Vegetable biryani pilaf
- Kabuli Chana Pulao
- Lemon Rice
- Kathal Biryani
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Dill and Pea Pulao
- 1 cup Rice
- 2 bunch Dill/ Suwa 130 gm
- 3/4 cup Peas/ Matar
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 3 cup Water
- To Taste Water
- 5 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds/ Jeera
- 3 Cloves/ Lavang
- 3 Green Cardamom
- 1 Black Cardamom
- 2 Bayleaves/ Tejpatta
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon/ Daalchini
- Wash and soak rice for 20 minutes.Discard the hard steams and wash the dill leaves.
- Now finely chop the dill leaves and tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a heavy and broad pan.
- Add all the tempering and let it crackle .
- Now add chopped tomatoes and salt,cover and cook till tomatoes become soft.
- Add dill leaves and all the spices and saute.
- When oil start separating then add soaked rice and peas and stir for a minute
- Now add water in the rice and let it come to a boil.
- When it start boiling cover the pan and let it cook on slow flame till done.
- When done fluff with a fork and serve hot.
- Serving suggestions-best served with yogurt , raita and salad