Mango Halwa -Indian dessert made with mango and semolina
I often make different types of Halwas and in winter the popular carrot halwa is made and in summers when bottle gourd is very easily and reasonably available then Lauki ka Halwa is made and relished .
But I have never tried making halwa with mangoes so this season I tried adding mangoes in my sooji halwa and it taste very good ,It have a prominent flavor of ripe mangoes and now this quick easy and delicious Mango halwa will be a regular in my kitchen .
If you are looking for more Halwa recipes then do check-
- Instant Badam Halwa
- Mango sooji Halwa
- Pineapple Kesari Halwa
- Kada Prashad/ aate ka halwa
- Aloo ka Halwa
- Gajar Ka Halwa
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
How To Make Mango Halwa
- 1/2 cup Semolina /sooji
- 1.25 cup Mango pulp
- 3/4 cup Sugar / Chini
- 2.5 cup Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 1 cup Water / Paani
- 1/2 cup Condensed Milk
- 10 Pistachio / Pista sliced
- 1/3 tsp Cardamom powder
- A pinch Saffron / Kesar
- 1.5 tbsp Mix nuts chopped
- Soak saffron in 2 tsp of warm milk.
- In a heavy bottom pan add ghee and heat it on medium flame
- When it become warm then add semolina and stir fry on medium heat till it get a nice golden color.
- Add water and milk and cook till it started to thicken.
- Now add sugar and cook again till it started to thicken.
- Add mango pulp and keep stirring so it will absorb the moisture.
- Cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 1-2 minutes
- Stir and cook till it start leaving the sides of the pan.
- Add cardamom powder,nuts and saffron.
- Add a tsp of ghee and mix.
- Garnish with chopped pistachio and serve hot.