Shakarkand Chaat- Spicy Sweet potato snack – quick and oil free
Shakarkand Chaat- Shakarkand/sweet potato is a tuber and is very high in vitamin B 6,good source of Vit C,D ,Iron,Magnesium and is very rich in fiber and is fat free so now becoming popular worldwide.It is a versatile tuber ,you can bake, roast, grill or boil it and can make many different types of dishes with it or just enjoy the plain roasted one as a snack.
you can mix lemon juice and dry spices only or add tamarind and green chutney,both versions taste great.
Do Try these Chaat Recipes-
Shakarkand Ki Chaat
- 2 Sweet potato /shakarkandi 400 gms
- 1.5 tbsp Tamarind chutney /Imli ki chutney
- 2 tbsp Green chutney
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder/ Laal Mirch
- 1/4 tsp Black salt /kala namak
- 1/3 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Green chili/hari mirch chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- Boil shakarkand /sweet potato in a pressure cooker with a glass of water,if its big then make into 2-3 big pieces.
- Boil on medium heat fopr 3 whistles.
- When cool down completely then peel the skin completly.
- Chop the boiled sweet potato into medium size cubes.
- Take a big bowl and add chopped sweet potatoes.
- Add all the spices and both chutney and lemon juice.
- Mix preperly add chopped green chili and fresgh coriander.
- Serve with a tooth pick and a lemon wedge.
- For the smoky flavour- slice the boiled and peeled sweet potato into 1 inch thick roundels. grease a non stick flat pan with few drops of oil.arrange the sweet potato slices over it in single layer and cook on medium heat till it get nice golden color,turn the sides and cook from other side too. make cubes and make chat.
- Can also make without the chutnies.
- You can substitute lemon juice with orange juice.
- Can also add some boiled potatoes and ripe banana cubes in it.