Bhune Tamatar Ki Chutney- Delicious tangy Smoked tomato and jalapeno Relish
Bhune tamatar ki chutney is a very delicious tangy relish made with char grilled tomatoes and peppers .This recipe is basically from the rural area of U.P and Bihar but now is popular in many regions .Tomatoes are charred over charcoal flame for that amazing smoky flavour but can also be done over direct gas stove flame.
It is a quick and simple recipe with few ingredients but taste amazing .Though it can be made in any season but in my maternal home it was made specially during winter to serve along Aloo parathas and Aloo vadi ki tahiri.
I have seen many people makes this with smoked tomatoes only but I also add smoked peppers into it.You can just chop it roughly to make it chunky or grind it coarsely in a chopper like i did so the choice is yours ,can do both ways .
Peeling the tomato skin or not is again a personal choice ,if you peel the smoked tomato you can get a nice red colour chutney but I never peel the tomatoes and peppers as it enhance the smoky flavour. Try this chutney and get addicted with the smoky taste of it 🙂
Do try These Delicious chutney recipes-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Bhune Tamatar Ki Chutney
- 5 medium size Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 3 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 4 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 1 tsp Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
- To taste Salt / Namak
- Pinch of Black Salt / Kala Namak
- Wash and wipe tomatoes and green chilies.
- Keep on direct flame or use a wire mash over flame .
- Grill till they are charred from all sides and tomatoes become soft.Chilis need less time as compared to tomatoes so remove them as soon as they are charred.
- Let them come to room temperature then chop them roughly and if you want to remove the skin then remove before chopping.
- Put tomatoes,chili and chopped coriander in a chopper or in a mixer jar and crush coarsely.
- Now add salt and mustard oil and mix well.
- Transfer in a glass jar or container and serve as a side dish or accompaniment.
- Stay well for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.