Chai Masala -A flavorful and aromatic spice blend to make Indian style Masala chai
Chai Masala – In North India masala chai is a mandate for the mornings, no morning is complete without a sip of steaming hot masala chai . The tickle of ginger in your throat or the aroma of the spices in the tea wakes us up first before the caffeine really touches the body . We cant feel the same love for coffee in North India .
For making masala chai either fresh ginger and cardamom is added in the tea or a special blend of spices are blended together and is used to make the masala for the chai/tea .
Each and every family have their own special masala blend ,some prefer to add more black pepper some like to make it milder and add more of cardamom so the ratio vary according to individual choice and taste but the main ingredients are cardamon ,cloves ,pepper corns,cinnamon,dried ginger powder.
The spice blend stays fresh for a minimum 4 months so you can easily make and store it and enjoy your cup of masala chai when ever you want.
You may like to try these Recipes-
- Raita Masala
- Chaat Masala
- Chai Ka Masala
- Punjabi Garam Masala
- Pav Bhaji Masala
- Goda Masala
- Gujarati Pickle Masala
Tea Masala to make Masala Chai ,Chai ka Masala
- 2 cup Peppercorns / Sabut Kali Mirch
- 1.5 cup Dried Ginger / Saunth
- 1/2 cup Cinnamon /daalchini
- 1/2 cup Cloves / Lavang
- 1/2 cup Green Cardamom / Hari Elaichi
- 1/4 Nutmeg/Jaiphal
- 1 Mace/ Javitri
- First sun dry all the spices to remove the moisture.
- Take all the spices in the mixer jar and grind to make a fine powder.
- Store in a airtight jar and use as required.
- For making 2 cups of tea use about 1/4 tsp of chai masala.