Chutney pulao -A very flavourful ,delicious rice pilaf made with mint and coriander paste
Chutney Pulao- is a very delicious pulao made with minimum ingredients. Rice is a staple diet of India and most of us consume it daily. There are so many rice and pulao varieties we usually make regularly . Some are delicious but take time and patience like different types of biryani , which also needs so many different vegetables ,spices . Some are simpel and basic like jeera rice ,khichdi and few pulao etc.
We all are facing difficulty in getting fresh vegetables now and trying to make easy and delicious food with minimum available ingredients. This chutney pulao is such an easy and delicious recipe which I am making often , specially when I want to make some thing quick or run out of vegetables.
This chutney pulao can be also be packed in lunch boxes. You just need some yogurt or raita to go with this flavorful pulao. I made chutney with coriander, mint and added few spinach leaves to add volume. If you don’t have mint or coriander then can add spinach with either mint or coriander or just make chutney with spinach and other ingredients and spices.
For making it more healthier I have added some peas and capsicum but you can add any vegetable of your choice or availability or make without any chopped vegetable.
You can also try these healthy, delicious Recipes-
- Vegetable Daliya Khichdi
- Besan Vegetable Pudla
- Kashmiri Dahi Baigan
- Sindhi Tomato kadhi
- Paneer ki Kheer
- Sooji corn balls
- Red Peanut Chutney
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Chutney Pulao ,Minty Pilaf
- 1 cup Rice/chawal
- 1 cup Chopped capsicum
- 1 cup Boiled or frozen peas
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 5 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee optional
- 1 tsp Salt-1 tsp
to Make the paste-
- 1 cup Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 1/2 cup Fresh Mint / Hara Pudina
- 1.5 medium Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 4 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Soak rice in water for 15 minutes, boil enough water in a pan with 1 t.s salt and add the soaked rice and boil till 90% done.
- Drain and keep aside.(you can also use left over rice for making this)
- Take all the ingredients of paste into a mixer jar and make a fine thick paste,without adding water.
- Heat oil in a pan ,add cumin seeds.when become golden ,add chopped capsicum and saute till slightly cooked but crisp.
- Now add boiled peas and stir fry for few seconds and then take out in a bowl and keep aside.
- In the pan add 2 tbsp oil and add the green paste,salt,turmeric and garam masala and keep stirring till nice aroma start coming (approx 1 minute)
- Add 4 tbls of water and mix well and then add the capsicum , peas and the boiled rice in the pan.
- Stir and gently saute to mix every thing for a minute
- You can add 2 tbs of pure ghee at this stage to get a nice aroma and taste
- Serve hot with a bowl of yogurt or raita