Makki Aloo Paratha, How To Make Makki Aloo Ka Paratha
Makki Aloo Paratha- An Easy Maize flour and potato flat bread, winter specialty from the state of Punjab
Servings: 3 person
- 1 cup Maize Flour / Makki Ka Atta
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour / Atta
- 2 medium Potatoes / Aloo boiled
- 2 Green chili/hari mirch chopped
- 3 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
- 2 tsp Cooking oil or ghee
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1 tsp Chili flakes /Kuti hui laal mirch
- Pinch Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 4 tbsp Cooking oil or ghee to roast paratha
Peel and grate or mash the boiled potato.
Take a bowl and add both the flour and all the ingredients listed except the last ingredient(oil to roast the paratha .
Instead of using wheat flour you can use multi-grain atta
Mix every thing and then add the grated potato and mix well.
You may need some water to make the dough so add little at a time and make a medium dough but if you get good binding with the potatoes then no need to add water.
Now make medium size balls from the dough and keep aside.
Take 2 thick plastic sheets or use zip lock bags and grease them with few drops of oil.
Now dust a dough ball with some dry maize flour or wheat flour and keep it between the two plastic sheets.
Roll it gently to make a medium thick disc and then remove the upper sheet and lift it gently.
Heat a griddle and transfer the rolled paratha over the medium hot tawa.
When it get cooked from both the sides and get few brown spots then apply some oil or ghee and then roast on low heat by pressing with spatula.
When it get a nice golden colour then remove from the griddle and apply some butter and serve hot.
Serving suggestions- it taste great with sarso ka saag , aloo tamatar ki ras wali sabzi or just with any tangy chutney and pickle .