Karela Thepla Recipe
Karela thepla - Paratha made with karela peel,grated mango and spices
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 person
- 1.5 cup Whole Wheat Flour / Atta
- 1/2 cup Gram flour / Besan
- 1 cup karela peel/karela ka chilka
- 4 tbsp Raw Mango / Kachcha Aam grated (optional)
- 1 tbsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf coarsely ground
- 2 tbsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- to taste salt
- 2 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel to add in the dough
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 2 tsp sesame seeds /til
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
Apply 1/3 tsp salt on the karela/bitter gourd peels and keep aside for 20 minutes.
Wash them well with water and chop finely or mince in the chopper.
In a bowl add the wheat flour ,gram flour and all the spices and mix well.
Now add karela peel, grated raw mango and oil and mix well.
Add water and make a medium hard dough .
Make equal size balls from the dough.
Dust the dough ball with dry flour and roll with a rolling pin and make a thin chapati/tortilla.
Put the rolled chapati on medium hot griddle/tawa and dry roast from both sides.
Now apply little oil or ghee on both sides and cook by pressing with a spatula till golden spots appear on both sides.
Remove from the griddle and serve hot with yogurt ,aloo curry and pickle,