Arabic lentil soup
Arabic Lentil Soup - An Easy,healthy and delicious Middle eastern soup
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 serving
- 1 cup Red Lentil /Pink Masoor daal
- 75 gms Carrot / Gajar
- 1 small Tomatoes / Tamatar chopped
- 3 cup Water / Paani
- 1 Bay Leaves / Tej Patta
- 8 Peppercorns / Sabut Kali Mirch
- To taste Salt / Namak
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 2 tsp Olive Oil / Zeitoun Ka Tel
- 1/3 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder
Wash and soak red lentil and chop the carrot into small pieces.
Heat oil in pan and add bay leaf and pepper corns.
Saute for few seconds and then add lentil and carrots and stir for few seconds.
Now add water, turmeric, cumin powder,tomato and salt and cook till done or pressure cook for 2-3 whistles.
let the mixture come to room tempearture and then blend it with a hand blender to make it soft and creamy.(or just whisk to mix well)
Check the consistency ,if it is thick then add some hot water and give it a boil.
Now add lemon juice and mix .
Seve hot with a lemon wedge and some olive oil, paprika and chopped parsley drizzled on top .
- For variation you can add some chopped vegetables in it
- You can add some chopped ginger and green chilies at step 2.
- You can serve it chunky instead for making it smooth.