Palak Aur Makhana Ki Sabzi
Palak Aur Makhana ki Sabzi- a simple and delicious spinach and fox nut curry
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 3 person
- 500 gms Spinach /palak 3 bunch
- 300 gms Tomatoes / Tamatar 3 medium size
- 3 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak
- 60 gms Foxnuts / Phool Makhana
- 1 TSP Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/4 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- To taste Salt / Namak
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil or ghee
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 2 Bay Leaves / Tej Patta
- 2 Cloves / Lavang
- 2 Green Cardamom / Hari Elaichi
Remove the thick hard stems of spinach and wash spinach leaves with enough water
Boil 5 glasses of water in a wide pan and add 1/2 tsp sugar in it and when it start boiling add the washed spinach leaves.
Cook for 2-3 minutes or till the leaves change its colour.
Take out the leaves and refresh in cold water and then squeeze and grind to make a puree
Chop tomatoes and grind with green chilies and ginger.
In a pan add ghee or cooking oil and saute the makhana on low heat for 2-3 minutes and then take out in a bowl.
In the pan add 2 tbsp of cooking oil or butter and add cumin seeds.when cumin start to crackle add cloves ,cardamom,and bay leaves.
Now add tomato puree, turmeric and red chili powder and cook till oil start separating from the tomato mixture.
Now add the spinach puree, salt and sugar and mix well and now cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes ,no need to cover the pan now.
Add the roasted makhana and cook for 2 minutes or till makhana become soft.
Add lemon juice and serve hot.
Serving suggestions- goes well with rice, pulao ,roti or parathas.