Gond ke Ladoo
Gond Ke Ladoo- delicious and nutritious winter special ladoo made with flour,nuts and edible gum
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 2 cup Whole Wheat Flour / Atta
- 2 cup Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee *
- 1.5 cup Mixed Dry fruits/mewa
- 1/2 cup Gond/Edible gum/ Gum arabica
- 3/4 cup Dry coconut grated
- 2.25 cup Castor sugar/ bura
- 2 tbsp Dried Ginger / Saunth
- 12 Kharik /dry dates, * optional
Crush the nuts coarsely and keep aside.
Remove the seeds from kharik/dried dates and grind to make a fine powder
Take a heavy bottom wide deep pan and add 4 tbsp of ghee in it.
When ghee become hot then lower the flame to medium and add 1/3 portion of the gum in it and fry . then gum will swell up like popcorn, fry till all the pieces swell up.
Remove the fried gum in a plate. repeat the process twice to fry the remaining gum.you have to fry the total gum in 3 batches,if you add THE whole gum together then it may not roast well and remain uncooked from the center.
When you finish frying all the gum ,take all the fried gum in a plate and let it come down to room temperature and then slightly crush the fried gum with the back of a big spoon.(crushing is optional,you can grind it, crush it or use as it is - it depend on your personal preference)
Add 1.5 cup ghee in the pan and add the wheat flour in it. stir fry the flour on low heat and keep stirring the flour continuously else it may burn from the bottom.
Keep stirring till the flour become nice golden in colour and start giving a nice aroma.(over roasting should also be avoided as it will taste bitter on over roasting)
Now switch off the flame and add the crushed nuts and the grated coconut in the pan and keep stirring ,the nuts get roasted in the hot flour.
Let the roasted flour temperature comes down and when it is still slight warm then add the crushed gum/gond,kharik powder and the ginger powder and mix.
Add the bura or the castor sugar and mix well.
Make small size laddoo from the mixture. If you have difficulity in making ladoo then add 2-3 tsp melted ghee in the mixture and then make ladoo.
Store in a air tight jar after few hours.
You can make any size of ladoo as per your choice or just store the mixture in a box or jar and take few tbsp mixture daily with milk.
- Fry gond on medium to low heat ,if you fry on high heat it will remain raw from the center and will stick to your teeth while eating.
- You can use a mix of almonds, pistachio and cashew nuts or use just almonds.
- Can use melon seeds instead of nuts.
- If Kharik is not available then skip and increase the amount of coconut.
- Roast the flour on low heat ,frying on high heat will not give good result.
- Addition of ginger powder is optional ,you can also use ganthoda powder or peppramul instead of ginger powder.
- You can use desiccated coconut if dry whole coconut is not available but I prefer to use the dry one.
- You can use 1/2 cup gond instead of using 1/3 cup.
- You can make any size of ladoo as per your choice or just store the mixture in a box or jar and take few tbsp mixture daily with milk.