Golpapdi, Sukhdi, Kasaar
Golpapdi -A traditional dessert made with wheat flour,ghee and Jaggary
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour / Atta
- 1 cup Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 1 cup Jaggary / Gud * grated
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds /til
- 1/3 cup Mixed Dry fruits/mewa chopped
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder / Elaichi Powder *
First of all grate / crush or chop the jaggary into fine pieces, don't add big pieces as they will not melt well and will turn into soft jaggary lumps.
In a heavy bottom pan add the ghee.
When ghee melts completely add the wheat flour.
Roast wheat flour on low heat till it become golden and start giving a nice aroma
Now add sesame seeds and the chopped nuts and stir for a minute.
Now remove the pan from the flame .
Quickly add the grated jaggary and cardamom powder and mix it immediately.(if you will not mix it quickly then it become hard and chewy)
Now spread the mixture in a greased plate and level it with a spatula.
Sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds over it and press gently.
Let it rest for 5 minutes and then cut into squares pieces but don't remove them from the plate till they cool down completely.
When it come to room temperature then remove the square pieces and store in a air tight box.
- You can also add 1.5 tsp dry ginger powder /saunth ,1/3 cup grated dry coconut, 2 tbsp of crushed gond / Edible gum, 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder,1/2 tsp cardamom powder in it if you wish to make it more healthier and nutritious. Then it become a good post natal recipe/ Vaasanu for new mothers.
- The amount of Jaggary can be adjusted according to your taste ,can add 2-3 tbsp more or less.