Pizza Sauce Recipe ,How to make Pizza Sauce
Homemade pizza sauce recipe
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 600 grams Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 300 grams Tomato puree
- 75 grams Bell Peppers / Capsicum / Shimla Mirch
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1.5 tsp Oregano
- 3/4 tsp Basil Leaves
- 4 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1.5 tsp Chilli Flakes / Kuti Lal Mirch
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Powder / Kali Mirch
- To taste Salt / Namak
- 1.5 tsp Sugar / Chini
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil / Zeitoun Ka Tel
Wash and chop tomatoes in small pieces.
Heat oil in a broad pan and add the chopped green chilies and capsicum pieces.
Stir fry for a minute on medium heat.
Now add oregano and basil and stir for a minute.
Add the chopped tomatoes and cook on medium heat till they become soft and mushy.
Now add the tomato puree ,salt, sugar,chili flakes and pepper powder and cook on low heat.
When sauce become thick add the tomato ketchup and cook for a minute.
Check the seasoning and adjust salt and chili if needed.
When sauce cool down completely then spread on pizza or use to make pasta.
The left over sauce can be easily stored for a week in the refrigerator.
- Use fully ripen and red tomatoes to make pizza sauce.
- Instead of using chopped raw tomatoes you can blend them and use,if you want a smooth fine sauce .
- Tomato puree -You can blanch ,peel and grind the tomatoes and cook till it reduces or can use ready made tomato puree.