Kulfa Aloo Ki Sabzi
Kulfa Aloo Ki sabzi- A simple healthy and delicious dry curry made with purslane leaves and potatoes
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 5 person
- 3 bunch Kulfa /Purslane 500 gms
- 5 medium Potatoes / Aloo
- 1 Tomato / Tamatar
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1.5 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1.5 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 4 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarson ka tel
- 3/4 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/3 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 4 Dried Red Chilli, Whole optional
Wash kulfa with enough water and keep aside.
Trim and discard edges from the bottom stems of kulfa (not more then 1/4 inch) and use the rest of the stems and leaves.No need to discard the stems as they are very healthy and edible.
Chop them finely and keep aside.
Wash and peel the potatoes and chop them into medium size pieces(peeling potato is optional )
Heat oil in a wide pan and add the cumin seeds ,when it start to crackle then add asafoetida and the whole red chili and the chopped green chilies and stir for few seconds.
Now add turmeric and the chopped potato, add salt and chili powder and mix
Now add the chopped tomato and the kulfa bhaji/purslane and mix it well.
Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook on low heat.
Stir 2-3 times in between so it will not stick or burn at the bottom.
When potatoes are done then add the coriander powder and mango powder and mix gently.
(As kulfa releases too much water the sabzi will be semi dry ,but you can reduce the water by cooking it on medium heat.I like it this way so cooked on low heat )
Serve the kulfa aloo ki sabzi with roti ,paratha ,jeera rice or as a side dish with rice daal combo.