Thandai Masala Powder- A very healthy and refreshing powder mix to make Instant Thandai
- 1 cup Almonds / Badam 150 gms
- 1/2 cup Pistachio / Pista 70 gms
- 1/2 cup Melon Seeds / Magaz / Kharbooje Ke Beej 70 gms
- 4 tbsp Peppercorns / Sabut Kali Mirch 26 gms
- 4 tbsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf 30 gms
- 1/4 cup Green Cardamom / Hari Elaichi 10 gms
- 2 tbsp Poppy seeds /khuskhus optional
- 4 tbsp Sugar / Chini
- 1/4 tsp Saffron / Kesar
- 4 Dried Rose flower
In a blender jar add sugar, cardamom,whole peppercorns and fennel seeds and grind to make a fine powder.
Sieve it with a fine strainer and keep aside. grind the residue and sieve again and then discard the final residue.
Now add almonds, pistachio,melon seeds, saffron, dried rose petals and khas khas and grind to make a fine powder,sieve and again grind the residue.
Now add both the powders in a bowl and mix properly.
Store the thandai in a airtight glass jar.
How to make thandai -
take a glass of chilled milk and add sugar according to your taste (I use 2 tsp sugar in a glass )and mix well then add 2 tsp of this thandai masala powder ,mix and use it after 30 minutes (you can use it instantly but soaking enhance the taste and become slight thicker)
- Second Method to make thandai masala powder is- Soak the almonds and pistachio overnight and then peel the skins and after that sun dry the peeled almond and pistachio till they dry completely and then follow the same process as I am sharing today.
- Addition of khas khas is optional.
- If you don't have melon seeds then can easily use cashew instead.
- Can use few drops of rose water in the milk if you have not added dried rose petals in the thandai powder
- 30 minutes resting time is optional ,you can drink it instantly OR mix it and keep refrigerated for 2-3 days.