Harey Tamatar Ki Achari Subzi, Green Tomato Curry
Hare Tamatar Ki Sabzi- Crisp and tangy green tomato stir fry
Servings: 3 people
- 500 grams Green tomatoes
- 3 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1 tsp Readymade Pickle Masala / Achar Masala
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 2 tbsp Jaggary / Gud
- 2 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai
- 1/2 tsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 1/3 tsp Fenugreek Seeds / Methidana
- 2 Dried Red Chilli, Whole
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
Wash and chop tomatoes in medium size pieces.
Heat oil in a pan and add all mustard seeds,fennel and fenugreek seeds.
When seeds start crackling add asafoetida,dried red chilies and chopped green chilies.
Stir fry for few seconds.
Now add turmeric ,chopped tomatoes and salt.
Mix and cook it covered for 2 -3 minutes on medium heat.
When tomatoes get cooked but remains crunchy then add chili powder ,pickle masala and jaggary.
Simmer till it mix well.
Serving suggestions- serve as a side dish with main course or as a pickle with paratha or rotis.
- You can add sugar instead of jaggary.
- Pickle masala is optional you can make without adding it too.
- You can also make it softer and mushy if you like.