Sooji corn balls
Cheesy dumpling made with semolina ,capsicum and corn- a easy snack for Diwali
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 cup Semolina / Sooji
- 3/4 cup Corn Kernels / Makai Dana
- 3 tbsp Bell Peppers / Capsicum / Shimla Mirch chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Powder / Kali Mirch
- To taste Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes / Kuti Lal Mirch
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1.5 tsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1/3 cup Cheese
- 1 cup Whole Milk / Doodh
- 1.5 cup Water / Paani
- 1/3 cup Refined Flour / Maida
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs, Dried
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
Coarsely crush corn in mortar and pestle or pulse in the grinder(keep aside 2 tbsp whole corn kernels)
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add chopped green chilies in it and stir for few seconds.
Then add semolina and roast for about a minute on medium heat.
Now add chopped capsicum,crushed corn ,spices , milk and water
Cook on medium heat till the mixture thickens and become lumpy.
let it cool down and come to room temperature.
In a bowl add maida ,salt ,pepper powder and water and make a medium thick slurry and keep aside.
Make small size balls from the mixture,flatten them slightly and stuff cheese in it and then close it and make a ball.
Spread bread crumbs in a plate.
Dip the balls in the maida slury and then roll in the bread crumbs.
In a wide and deep pan heat enough oil to deep fry.
Gently drop the prepared balls in the hot oil.
Cook on medium heat till the balls become golden in colour.
Remove the fried balls from the pan and drain on a paper napkin to absorb the excess oil.
Serve hot corn balls with tomato ketchup or any tangy dip of your choice.
- instead of using milk and water you can add milk only.
- Can stuff grated cheese or cheese cubes in the balls.