Stuffed Milagai Bajji , Mirapakaya Bajji,Mirchi Pakoda
Green chilies stuffed with tangy spice mix and deep fried
Servings: 4 people
- 10 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 2 TBSP Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
- 3/4 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1/4 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder
- 1 cup Gram flour / Besan
- 2 Tbsp Rice Flour / Chawal Ka Atta
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- To taste Salt / Namak
- Pinch of Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- Pinch of Baking Soda
- 1/4 TSP Asafoetida / Hing powder
- To deep fry Cooking Oil
wash green chilies and make a slit in the center,keeping the back side intact.
If chilies are hot then you can blanch them in hot water for 2-3 minutes.
Take a bowl and add salt,mango powder,coriander powder,cumin powder and chopped fresh coriander.
Mix and add few drops of water to make a thick paste.
Stuff little of this paste inside all the green chilies.
In a bowl add gram flour,rice flour,salt,turmeric,chili powder,asafoetida and mix
Now add water (about 3/4 -1 cup)and make a medium thick batter of coating consistency.
Add baking soda over the batter and then pour hot oil over baking soda
Now mix the batter properly
Heat enough oil in wide pan.
Dip the stuffed green chilies in the batter and coat properly and then gently drop in the hot oil.
Fry till they become golden and crisp.
Drain on a paper napkin to remove the excess oil.
To make the stuffing-Instead of mango powder you can use thick tamarind paste or lemon juice,then no need to add water