Neer Mor Recipe ,Spiced Buttermilk
Spiced butter milk- from South India
Servings: 3 people
- 1 CUP Yogurt /Dahi ()
- 2 cup Water / Paani
- 1 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1/2 incg Ginger / Adrak chopped
- 12 Curry Leaves
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- To taste Salt / Namak
- A pinch Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 3/4 tsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
Chop coriander,green chili ,ginger and curry leaves.
Add yogurt and chopped coriander,chili,ginger and curry leaves in the blender and grind to mix.
Now take out the yogurt mix in a serving bowl.
Add 2 cups of cold water and salt and mix well.
Heat oil in a small pan,when it become warm add cumin and mustard seeds.
When seeds start crackling add curry leaves and asafoetida.
Add this tempering in the prepared butter milk.
Add few ice cubes if you wish.
Mix well and serve.
- You can adjust the quantity of green chilies according to your taste.
- Instead of coriander you can also add 4-5 leaves of mint.
- Addition of curry leaves and the tempering is a must in this ,so don't skip both .