Guvar Phali aur Aloo ki Subzi / Cluster beans and potatoes in a tomato broth
Guvar Phali aur Aloo Ki Sabzi- Cluster beans and potatoes cooked in a tangy tomato curry
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 175 Cluster beans /Guvar phali
- 200 Potatoes / Aloo
- 2 medium Tomato / Tamatar pureed
- 1 tsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak chopped
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1.5 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- to taste salt
- pinch Sugar / Chini
- 3/4 cup Water / Paani
- 1.5 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 4 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 3 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarson ka tel or any cooking oil
- 3/4 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 3/4 tsp Carom Seeds / Ajwain
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
Wash and remove/peel the side string the guvar phalis and Chop to make big pieces of about 1 inches.
Peel and chop potato into big pieces. grind tomato and make a smooth puree
Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
Add cumin and carom seeds,when they start crackling add asafoetida.
Now add chopped tomatoes ,salt and all the add powdered spices and stir fry till oil start leaving the sides.
Add chopped guvar phali and potatoes and stir for a minute and then add water(3/4 - 1 cup approx)
Mix and pressure cook for about 2-3 whistles or cook till done.(cooking time depends on the quality of your guvar phali,if its tender it will cook quickly but hard mature guvar takes little extra time to cook)
Open the cooker when cool down completely.
Add lemon juice ,pinch of sugar and fresh coriander and mix.
Serve hot with roti,paratha or daal rice combo.