Masala Bharwa Mirch ,Bharli Mircha ,Stuffed Peppers
Peppers stuffed with bhujiya and mix spices
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 150 gm Bhavnagri Chilies / Serrano Peppers 13-14 pcs. *
- 1/4 cup Bikaneri Sev – 1/4 cup**
- 1.5 tbsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 1/4 tsp Carom Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 2 tbsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 2 tbsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder or Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 4.5 tbsp Refined Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
Grind bikaneri sev to make a fine powder.
Coarsly grind fennel seeds and carom seeds.
Take a bowl and add -bikaneri sev powder,fennel and carom powder,coriander powder, turmeric powder,mango powder and salt.
Mix well and add 2 tbsp of refined oil and mix properly.
Wash and wipe green chilies and make a slit at one side.
Stuff this mixture in the chilies and keep aside.
Heat 2.5 tbsp refined oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and asafoetida .
When seeds start crackling add the stuffed green chilies.
Mix gently and cover and cook on low flame for approx 3-4 minutes.
Stir twice during cooking. When the chilies become slightly soft, switch off the flame and keep covered for a minute.
Serve with any meal or use as a pickle/ travel food.
Stays well for approx 1 month in the refrigerator.
* You can use jalapenos or any mildly hot chili to make this.
** Bikaneri Sev is a popular Indian savory fried snack made from gram flour. Its easily available in Indian grocery stores across the worldwide - just ask for "Bhujiya". The most popular brands are Haldiram's and Bikaji.
If you don't have bikaneri sev then roast 2.5 tbsp of gram flour/besan in a tsp of oil till golden in colour and use instead .