Methi Matar Malai
Methi matar malai -Fresh fenugreek and peas cooked in rich cream and tomato sauce
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 2 people
- 200 gm Fresh Fenugreek / Hari Methi
- 150 gm Green Peas / Hari Matar boiled
- 1 tsp Grated ginger-1 t.s
- 10 Cashew Nuts / Kaju
- 1/2 cup Thick cream
- 1 cup Tomato puree
- 2 tsp Butter, Unsalted / Makkhan
- 1/3 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1/2 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1 tsp Sugar / Chini
- 1/2 tsp Salt / Namak
Wash and chop fenugreek and then apply 1 t.s salt and keep aside for 15 minutes.
Squeeze the water from it and wash 2-3 times with fresh water.(you can deep fry the fenugreek leaves in hot oil if you don’t like the slightly bitter taste of it.)
Soak cashews for 20 minutes in warm water and then grind with 2 green chillies and ginger.
Heat 2 tbls oil in a pan,add fenugreek and saute for 1 minute.
Sprinkle 3 tbls water and cover and cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
Add chilli powder,coriander powder,saute.then add salt and tomato puree and cashew paste
Cook for 2 minutes then add boiled peas and sugar .cover and cook for 2 minutes.
Now add butter and cream,give it a boil and add garam masala.
Switch off the flame and add mango powder (optional)
serving suggestions-serve as a side dish with naan,roti or kulchas.